Candy Kisses~!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Looking Glass

I let go of the glass we looked through together
Shattered to pieces in the cold marble floor
Like scattered glimmering stars in the night sky
I picked them all up, one by one, endlessly.. so gently.

The dream would end soon, just a few more pieces..
But tears started to trail down.. Smaller pieces drenched.
This glass.. memories built together, can you remember?
On the other side you stood, waited... promised..

I held on to it so tight, until the day you return.
As do I towards the promise that held me so tight.
I can still remember your smile.. Your despair.. Your heart.
And every time.. I wanted so much.. to hold you in my arms.

Why did I allow the glass to break?... The link between us.
Don't go, Don't go, Don't leave.. Repeatedly.. echoing..
Can you still hear me? Is my voice able to reach you?
Don't go.. Don't leave.. Don't cry...

I drove you away.. These pieces stayed.. You were no longer there..
How I wish I could unsay what I said..
More tears fell.. and the stinging pain of the broken glass..
It felt nothing compared to the pain of you.. leaving me..

"Glue them all together! He might come back!" I whispered..
Desperately bringing the pieces back to together..
Staining these clear pieces with my own blood.. It hurts...
Your voice.. still so fresh in my mind.. Are you still there?

Your back.. While walking away from me.. Could it only be a dream?
The words I bitterly spilled, don't listen to them, please!
Don't let your absence be an endless story..
Our memories together, don't take them away.. Don't go away..

The broken pieces of your glass felt so cold in my chest..
Hugging them so tight. So close to my fragile heart..
Your eternal song remains.. I can't bring you back..
Not my tears.. Nor my love.. My words.. None of them.

This dream would end soon.. I deny the truth.. The reality..
I deny that you're not here with me now.. My fault, I deny it..
You're not walking out of my life like this..
Don't go.. Don't leave... Don't cry... I'll be waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home